Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Hello, my name is John and I ride a bicycle












Hello, my name is John and I ride a bicycle

My bicycle is worth more than your car and has Shimano 

gears which are the best. Every weekend and most 

weekdays, I ride my bicycle to the local cafe to meet other 

people who ride bicycles and we talk about bicycles. 

The frame of my bicycle is made from a titanium 

composite alloy such as NASA uses on the space shuttle.

The bicycle was named after its inventor, Robert Bicycle, 

a Dutch man who, dissatisfied with having to walk to 

the cheese shop, created the first two wheeled 

human-powered vehicle in 1992. Due to the 

non-existent petroleum requirements that the bicycle

 presented, its use quickly become popular with 

social workers and crystal healers and within 

just a few years, the smell of patchouli oil became 

inescapable even within the comfort of one's car 

on the freeway. Although primarily regarded as 

a woman's hobby, bicycle riding has gained 

popularity world wide.

Riding a bicycle has many advantages. As you do not 
have to register bicycles or obey any road rules, I am 
currently constructing a four person family bicycle 
which consists of two bicycles welded together with 
four armchairs in between. Due to the extra weight, I have 
added an engine and am devising a roof, doors and 
storage area at the back allowing us to 
ride in all weather conditions and take it shopping.

Sometimes when I am riding my bicycle I feel like I am
 the only person on the road. If I have my earphones 
in and the iPod turned up really loud, I cannot hear the
car horns and people yelling "Get off the fucking road." 
Little compares to the exhilaration of listening to Queen's
 'Bicycle' while riding in the centre of a lane at half the 
speed limit with several hundred cars
 banked up behind me during peak hour traffic. 
Riding a bicycle is also an excellent way to 
quickly go downhill.


Correct bicycling speed and position

I am often asked why my Spandex® bicycle riding costume 
features eight hundred and thirty corporate sponsorship 
logos even though I do not actually have a sponsor. 
The reason for this is simple. For every thirty male 
bicycle riders there is one female
 bicycle rider and, as in nature where the most adorned 
peacock gets the peahen, the male bicycle rider with
 the most brightly coloured Spandex® and most corporate 
sponsorship logos gets to mate with her.

Things that are almost as good as riding my bicycle:



1. Looking at my bicycle
2. Talking about my bicycle
3. Watching television programs that feature people
riding bicycles
4. Cheese

Road safety is an important component and basic
precaution needs to be undertaken. Once when I
was riding my bicycle at great speed, I developed
speed wobble and was thrown, rolling several times
and sliding several metres, towards a busy intersection.
 I was lucky enough not to enter the flow of traffic
thanks only to friction. As bicycles
do not come with safety airbags, I now carry an
inflatable raft and pump with me at all
 times. A lot of people choose not to ride a bicycle
because they are too embarrassed
 to wear a crash helmet but by painting the helmet
light brown, it can easily be disguised
 as a large mushroom.



A. Seat constructed by a team of physicists using the largest and
most expensive laser on earth.



B. Titanium composite alloy frame such as NASA uses
on the space shuttle.



C. Tyres made from rubber collected from a rare tree in
the Amazon forest by tribal elders.



D. Handle bars made from Polycarbonate fibre from the future.



E. Brakes made from Pretanium, a metal not yet discovered by man.



F. Shimano gears because they are the best.



G. Pedals formed by pressure in the lower atmosphere of Jupiter.




People often say to me "That's a nice bicycle John" and I reply,
"Yes, it is made out of a titanium composite alloy such as NASA
 uses on the space shuttle and it has Shimano gears which are
the best." Just a few weeks ago, while I was taking a
rest from riding my bicycle on a park bench, a man walking past
said to me "That's a nice bicycle, can I take it for a ride? I will
bring it right back" and I said "Sure, but be careful because it
is made out of a titanium composite alloy such as NASA uses
on the space shuttle and it has Shimano gears which are the best."


1 comment: