Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Lush Life



Tonights posting is in celebration of my wife Shawn and I, 27th year of marriage, Wes steppin up as best man and introducing me to the enduring art of jazz and single malt scotch.
I am sitting here sipping some Balvenie DoubleWood aged 12years, First in a oak casks mellowing the spirits and second in european oak sherry casks increasing complexity (a gift from Shawn) while listening to Wynton Marsalis's 1984 recording of Hot House Flowers, I have never heard his trumpet sound sweeter.



2 comments:

  1. congratulations on your wedding anniversary, my good friend...

    ...please pass on the same to Shawn...

    ...stir in some Winton and The Balvenie dblwd...now, that truly is sweeeet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...wow, i just listened to the blues recorded in paris...

    i have listened to a whole lotta blues...in all forms...during my life...

    - that may well be the best blues recording ever...very, very nice...wynton at his best...such touch, feeling, oneness with the genre...sweet

    ReplyDelete