Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Whipping Post



Sometimes I feel ... sometimes I FEEL
Like I been tied to the whipping post!
TIED to the whipping post!
TIED to the whipping post!
Good Lord, I feel like I'm dyin'...

I've been run down
I've been lied to
And I don't know why ... I let that mean woman make me a fool
She took all my money ... wrecked my new car
Now she's with one of my good time buddies ... they're drinkin' in some cross town bar

My friends tell me ... that I've been such a fool
And I have to stand by and take it baby ... all for lovin' you
I drown myself in sorrow ... as I look at what you've done
But nothin' seems to change ... the bad times stay the same ... and I can't run

1 comment:

  1. Truly a classic of southern rock.
    One of my all time favorite tunes,
    perhaps because sometimes I feel like I'm tied to a Whipping Post.

    Dicky Betts guitar was fine.

    ReplyDelete