Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cycling News dot com, huh?

...from 1999...

http://www.econ-outlook.com.au/~bill/goodbye.html


"I also received a lot of antagonism for daring to have an opinion - mostly from US readers. I could not understand why people (only a small minority), who grew up in the so-called land of freedom were so intent on repressing free speech. After all it was your choice to click the link and there was no charge for doing so. But still I received many threatening and nasty E-mails on a regular basis. My employer (the University) was harassed. And lately these nasty types have been trying to encourage my sponsors to stop supporting the site. I guess these types wear white hoods around the place at times too. It made me understand how McCarthyism thrived in the USA. Lucky I live in a free society I thought."

New cyclingnews.com contact information:
From today, can you please send all the results, news, photos, gossip and everything else to ...
Knapp Communications
PO Box 576
Strawberry Hills, NSW, Australia.
New fax number: +61-(0)2-9310 4608
New telephone: +61-(0)2 9318 2644
E-mail: Gerard Knapp
Please do not send results to me anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment