Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Evening Jazz

In the tradition of Friday Night Musical offerings I submit some Jazz to liven up a Saturday Evening.






This Monk tune is so melodically and harmonically sophisticated and interesting. O.K., I should have used a metronome, but I uploaded this video anyway. Part of the time I play "outside" or against the chord structure. I try not to go so far out that I get lonely, which I tend to do when I play for myself. Besides Monk, Bill Evans playing this is my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. ...I am a huge T-Monk fan...btw...

    Seems like a polar opposite to Evans...

    ...Esrtragon is a huge Evans fan...I like him too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...marcus roberts getting into a stride on blue monk...now that's insane...some talent he...

    ReplyDelete